Table of contents:
2. Furnace locations
4. Smithing tables
5. Quests giving XP
6. 1-99 Smithing guide
6.1 profitable smithing methods
With Mining you can mine ores, but what can you do with them? You could sell them, but you could also use them to train your Smithing & create awesome gear or weapons!
You start with smelting your ores into bars at a surface. You can recognise a sarfuce with the following symbol on your map you can find furnaces in both F2P & P2P worlds.
2. Furnace locations
- Bandit camp in de Wilderness
- Al Kharid
- Zanaris / Lost City. You must have completed "Lost City"
- Keldagrim (Blast Furnace)
- Shilo Village. You need to pay an access price & you must of have completed the quest "Shilo Village".
- Tyras Camp in Isafdar. You must have completed "Regicide".
- Rellekka. You must have completed "The fremenik Trials"
- Port Phasmatys. You must have completed "Ghost Ahoy"
- Burgh de Rott. You must have completed "In Aid of Myreque"
- Piscatoris Fishing Colony. You must have comleted "Swan Song".
- Neitiznot. You must have completed "The Fremenik Isles". Smelting
Once you arrived at a furnace, you can use your bar on the furnace, you'll see a menu with different bars, select the bar you would like to smelt
4. Smithing Table
With the bars you made you can use them to make armour & weapons. You need a hammer to do this which you can buy in every general store & the Grand Exchange. You can find Anvils near these symbols. Use the bar on the anvil & select the object you want to craft.
5. Quests giving xp
- Between a rock: 5,000 XP
- Elemental Workshop: 5,000 XP
- Elemental workshop 2: 7,500 XP
- Cabin Fever: 7,000 XP
- Devious Minds: 6,500 XP
- The Giant Dwarf: 2,500 XP
- The Knight's Sword: 12,725 XP
- Recipe for disaster: 1,000 XP
- A Fairy tail part 2: 2,500 XP in any skill of your choice over level 30.
- Great Brain Robbery: 5,000 XP for any skill you choose over level 30.
- Legens Quest: 7,650-30,600 XP (7,650 is given to 4 skills from a list of skills)
- One Small Favour: 10,000-20,000 XP (2 x 10,000 lamps for any skill of your choice over level 30)
- Recipe For Disaster: 20,000 XP (A Lamp to grant 20,000xp in a skill of your choice over level 50)
- The Tourist Trap: 4,650-9,300 XP (4,650 x2 given to either Agility,Fletching, Smithing or Thieving)
6. 1-99 Smithing guide
Levels 1 – 29 (Complete the Knight’s Sword Quest)
Alright, let’s get into the methods. The fastest methods to 99 is up first, and from level 1 – 29, you need to do the Knight’s Sword Quest. It is such an easy quest and is easily doable on a level 3 account. But, it can be a little bit dangerous. Essentially, that gives you 12 725 Smithing XP, getting you straight to level 29.
Level 29 – 40 (Best Iron Items from Iron Bars)
From level 29 – 40, you have to make the best item you can at an anvil. So, that would be Iron 2h Swords at level 29, and then you make Iron Platebodies at level 33 all the way to level 40.
Level 40 – 99 (Make Gold Bars at the Blast Furnace)
Now, from level 40 all the way through to level 99 is the Blast Furnace, doing Gold Bars. Now, the Blast Furnace can actually get you about 250 000 XP per hour if you are on an official Blast Furnace World. It is probably the fastest way to get 99 Smithing in the game, and it costs about 60 000 000 – 65 000 000 to level 99 from level 40. So, it is not that bad.
6.1 Profitable smithing method
Starting off at level 35, you unlockCannonballs, and with Steel Bars, you make 4 Cannonballs. You also need to do the Dwarf Cannon Quest in order to be able to make them in the first place. This is by no means recommended to go all the way to level 99 because the XP rates are 10 000 – 15 000 Smithing XP per hour, which is horrendous. But, you will profit about 140 000 000 getting from 35 – 99. So, if you want to grind that out, go right ahead.
Level 54 – 99 (Smithing Mithril Dart Tips)
At level 54, you unlock Mithril Dart Tips, and this requires the Tourist Trap Quest in order to make Dart Tips in the first place. But, getting from level 54 all the way through to level 99 will make you about 20 000 000, which is not too bad. But, the XP rate is a lot quicker than the Cannonballs – at about 45 000 XP per hour. So, this is still really good for AFK training.