Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

Author Topic: Word of warning & board changes  (Read 5064 times)

OfflineTom

• hi
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    Word of warning & board changes
    « on: October 04, 2016, 11:11:54 AM »
    Hey folks,

Over the past few weeks we've experienced some severe community related issues, as such, I want to take this opportunity to remind everyone of the rules when posting here. First and foremost, while I've always encouraged a more lax moderation policy the impersonation of staff members is wholefully unacceptable and those who continue to post as if they were a staff member, when they're clearly not, will have their posting rights revoked along with their ability to have an avatar. The same applies for NSFW avatars, and signatures which take up ridiculous amounts of space intentionally (e.g. videos).

I can understand the perspective of older members who wish to misdirect and troll newer members coming in from the official server, it's not been a clean integration, but that doesn't mean we can't fix that now and build a better community together. Certain lead members of all this chaos have been permanently banned, as it was clear they had only joined here to troll newer members. There will be no appeals.

The staff on this community will always be accompanied by blue, green, or red stars below their name along with their rank title - anyone who claims to be staff without those attributes should be reported to an administrator immediately. The forum will be swept through and all topics moved to the correct sections and staff impersonation posts removed, if you have any queries please contact me through the forum.

Separately, there is now an appeals board and a bug report board.

Linkback: https://www.moparscape.org/community/moparscape-announcements/112/word-warning-board-changes/679673/
    « Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 11:30:36 AM by Tom »

OfflineRiiPiiNFtW

Re: Word of warning & board changes
    « Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 02:30:16 PM »
    FINALLY, STAFF THAT DOES SOMETHING. LOVE YOU TOM.

still hate nurse house and all the tryhard codurs who came along. *cough* wolfs darker *cough*

Only here because old staff like you are here too.

OfflinestCky

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 03:23:30 PM »
    dr houses plan to have you guys do all the work is going great

he redirects people to another forum, he doesn't care about you or any of us
    HOLD CTRL AND TYPE "WTF" FOR ℱ𝓪𝓷𝓬𝔂 𝓦𝓣ℱ

OfflineTom

• hi
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 03:57:52 PM »
    dr houses plan to have you guys do all the work is going great

he redirects people to another forum, he doesn't care about you or any of us

This has nothing to do with Dr House, or anyone caring about me or the community. There is no elaborate deception to get the site staff to "do all the work", that I can practically assure you. This is still the same site as it was prior, with the same history, members, and staff team who serve the sites best interests. That's what this announcement is, that's why people accepted their staff roles, and that's what will continue to happen.

OfflinestCky

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 04:20:04 PM »
    then one day the powers that be will completely desert the site and it will be gone, along with all your efforts
    HOLD CTRL AND TYPE "WTF" FOR ℱ𝓪𝓷𝓬𝔂 𝓦𝓣ℱ

OfflineTom

• hi
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 04:31:46 PM »
    then one day the powers that be will completely desert the site and it will be gone, along with all your efforts

Isn't that generally the fate of everything? I've seen many communities fail for many reasons, undoubtedly we'll join them all one day, it's the way of the world. That doesn't mean any effort was in vain, though. There have been branches of people calling doomsday on this place many times across the years only for the site to outlive their interest in it, such a pessimistic outlook sacrifices the potential gain of the moment.

Offlineasshole_rule

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 07:47:07 PM »
    I don't know why you're even trying Tom.

The sadest thing is Dr House doesn't even understand what he's done here.
    the strongest super saiyan on moparscape

I'd also like to say that rep abuse is an offense, and one member of this topic has had their rep locked due to it.

Offlineharambe_

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 09:56:43 PM »
    nice
    « Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 11:07:51 PM by harambe_ »
    DONATE

OfflineRWalkden

• First Time Poster
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 11:39:24 AM »
    Please use a different type of forum software. SMF feels like something straight from 2005.

MyBB would be a suitable change, if Dr House doesn't want to purchase proper software.

OfflineRuby

• View Profile
      • PixelBanter
    « Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 12:49:10 PM »
    Please use a different type of forum software. SMF feels like something straight from 2005.

MyBB would be a suitable change, if Dr House doesn't want to purchase proper software.
    SMF is actually a cracking piece of kit, the issue here is (and always has been) the theme.

The reason this hasn't been changed is that a large part of this forum software during the time that it mattered (2006-2011) was a mess code-wise, moparisthebest had built integration bridges etc to keep all the websites (mitb, mpsc, mpcft, gamedev) under single sign on. Due to this no themes would install to the software due to the code compatibility.

In recent years this has been resolved and the forum softwares consolidated to almost no changes to the bog standard download from what I understand, if you had a recommendation of themes etc I'm sure the administration team would stick them on but I'd like to request that they didn't remove the default one as in my years here I've grown to enjoy it, as have many others.
    Shreddology.

Toms guilty pleasure: http://i.imgur.com/bmWqw7v.png

Offlinekickingjamie

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 12:55:06 PM »

SMF is actually a cracking piece of kit, the issue here is (and always has been) the theme.

The reason this hasn't been changed is that a large part of this forum software during the time that it mattered (2006-2011) was a mess code-wise, moparisthebest had built integration bridges etc to keep all the websites (mitb, mpsc, mpcft, gamedev) under single sign on. Due to this no themes would install to the software due to the code compatibility.

In recent years this has been resolved and the forum softwares consolidated to almost no changes to the bog standard download from what I understand, if you had a recommendation of themes etc I'm sure the administration team would stick them on but I'd like to request that they didn't remove the default one as in my years here I've grown to enjoy it, as have many others.
    I concur.

OfflineWarTusk-RSPS

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 04:09:36 PM »

Isn't that generally the fate of everything? I've seen many communities fail for many reasons, undoubtedly we'll join them all one day, it's the way of the world. That doesn't mean any effort was in vain, though. There have been branches of people calling doomsday on this place many times across the years only for the site to outlive their interest in it, such a pessimistic outlook sacrifices the potential gain of the moment.

I don't like when you yell at us :/
    "Speaking of if you want me to stop flooding your server and want a solution on how to prevent it, I'll start the negotiations at 500$. A drop in the bucket for you I suppose. And I'll help fix the XSS vulnerabilities for 100$ each."

-Sini

OfflineIonicForce

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: October 06, 2016, 10:04:08 AM »
    Tom,

I really do appreciate you stepping up as one of the older community members and staff members to help deal with the issue that this entire move has brought on. I know some people don't like the new management but that's no means to be negative, disrespectful and in some cases downright brutal impersonation to the point of attempting to scam. I'm sure others might have been getting tired of this and it's nice to see more and more being done about it and I think everyone would enjoy less of this trolling and more community oriented behavior.

Offlinecasey.

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2016, 12:47:56 PM »
    if you need any moderation help let me know I will accept a moderation position
    Server Developer

Offlinejme

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: October 06, 2016, 09:24:56 PM »
    The admin panel appears to be working again, and mods can do things such as remove avatars, change signatures, etc. (still no access to bans it seems) And its good that Tom is an admin again.

OfflineArcticAngel527

• View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: October 10, 2016, 12:31:02 PM »
    Tom, thank you for stepping up as a member of the old community. It seems you are well respected among the older members and I look forward to the positive change you may bring. I'm looking forward to seeing this community flourish once again!

OfflineSoulcist

• View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: October 11, 2016, 03:14:33 PM »
    Well, it's better than nothing at this point. It's nice to see something being done at least, if but only a small feat.

OfflineXxJtxX

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2016, 06:41:25 PM »
    Wow, this is crazy. When did moparscape get "an official server" and where is my Doom music client?
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Offlinetyb97

• View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: October 18, 2016, 09:59:20 PM »
    Well I mean we took what used to be a forum about RS2/RSC emulation and other general programming and flooded it with people playing the jank ass server who haven't a clue about technology LIKE HMM JEEZ GUIES WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG WITH THIS IDEA
    what if i want to stick it in? you got a problem with that?

OfflineXxJtxX

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2016, 09:40:36 AM »
    Well I mean we took what used to be a forum about RS2/RSC emulation and other general programming and flooded it with people playing the jank ass server who haven't a clue about technology LIKE HMM JEEZ GUIES WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG WITH THIS IDEA
    The server is filled with bugs and looks like such a generic source. But man, this guy is probably making a lot of money off all those donations and ingame purchases you can buy now. Type runescape private server into google, this is the first that pops up.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Users found this pages searching for:

Copyright © 2016/17 MoparScape. All rights reserved.